Child Safe Schools
St John’s Regional College has appointed the people listed below as the College’s Child Safety Officers. Each Child Safety Officer is available to answer any questions that you may have with respect to our Child Protection and Safety Policy and the Child Protection Program.
‘Child Abuse’ includes:
- sexual offences
- physical violence
- serious emotional or psychological harm
- serious neglect
- family violence, or exposure to family violence.
If you have any concern that a child may be experiencing any form of abuse, whether or not you have formed a belief on reasonable grounds that the abuse has occurred, you should immediately raise your concerns with one of our Child Safety Officers.
The welfare and best interests of the child are paramount. Whenever there are concerns that a child is in immediate danger the Police should be called on 000.
Child Safety Officers
Child Safety Officers are your first point of contact for reporting child protection issues within the College. They receive special training that allows them to deal with child protection concerns both sensitively and effectively.
Child Safety Officers are selected based on a number of considerations, namely:
- their personal attitudes, experiences and beliefs, for example, a person who is non-judgmental, calm, resilient and demonstrates a high degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- their role within the College, for example, a person who has seniority and experience working with complex student and family issues at the College and someone who is readily accessible and available to all members of the College community.
- their personal profile within the College, for example, a person who is approachable, who students and staff trust and who is willing and able to respond to issues personally and sensitively.
Our Child Safety Officers
|Greg Van Es||Deputy Principal, Student Wellbeing||(03) 8793 2000
|Milan Colic||Psychologist/Student Counsellor||(03) 8793 2000
|Joanne Webb||Student and Family Wellbeing Co-ordinator||(03) 8793 2000
Our Senior Child Safety Officer
St John’s Regional College has appointed Greg Van Es as the College’s Senior Child Safety Officer. The Senior Child Safety Officer has an important role in the promotion and maintenance of our child protection culture at the College.
The Senior Child Safety Officer is identified in our publicly available Child Protection Safety Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct as the contact for the wider community when they have child protection concerns relating to the College.
The Senior Child Safety Officer is contactable by phone on 03 8793 2000 or by emailing email@example.com