Association of Canonical Administrators
In secondary Regional Colleges, where a group of Parish Priests has taken responsibility for a College to serve the needs of secondary aged students in their parishes, they underwrite the financial responsibility of the College in return for which the students from their parishes have priority rights to enrolment in the College. The Parish Priests of the member parishes of the regions are formally constituted as an Association of Canonical Administrators by the Archbishop with an appropriate statute. The Association acts as a juridical person (according to Canon Law) within that statute.
The Canonical Administrators are the Parish Priests of the Member Parishes acting as a juridical person, as defined in Canon Law (Canons 113–123).
The Member Parishes are those Catholic parishes, within the Archdiocese of Melbourne, which have formed the regional College and have agreed to underwrite the financial responsibility of the College.
The Association is established by the Archbishop of Melbourne by individual statute. The member parishes are named in the statute.
The major tasks of the Association:
- To act within the provisions of ordinary administration as defined in Canon Law and determined by the Archbishop.
- To oversee and be responsible for the financial arrangements of the College including but not limited to:
- Approving the budget
- Entering into borrowing
- Signing contracts.
- To appoint the Principal after ratification from the Archbishop. The process of selection is to be according to Archdiocesan policy. The President will sign the contract with the Principal. (One of the Canonical Administrators is elected as President of the Association)
- To approve any major change in the nature of the College.
- To carry out such other duties necessary to promote and sustain the purpose of the College.
The Current Association of Canonical Administrators is made up of:
|St Mary’s Parish Dandenong||Fr Brendan Lane PP|
|St Paul Apostle Parish Endeavour Hills||Fr Kevin Dance CP|
|St Anthony’s Parish Noble Park||Fr Martin Jeramias AP|
|Holy Family Parish Doveton||Fr Michael Payyapilly PP|
|St Kevin’s Parish Hampton Park||Fr Desmond Moloney PP|