Parents & Friends Association
The Parents’ & Friends’ Association was first formed in the 1960’s and existed as St Mary’s Ladies Auxiliary and St John’s Mens’ Auxiliary until 1969 when it at the direction of the College Board became St John’s College Auxiliary.
The aim of the Association is to create opportunities for families to familiarise themselves with the running of St John’s in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, while getting to know other parents and staff. The Parents’ & Friends’ Association also has representation on the School Advisory Council.
- To support the College and its goals
- To foster friendships and develop a support network within the College community
- To act as a communication channel between parents and the College
- To co-ordinate social occasions where parents, friends and staff of the College can meet together
- To assist in fundraising for the future growth and development of the College
- To organise the Presentation Ball for students in Year 11 at the College.
The Parents’ & Friends’ Association has funded or contributed to several large projects which will continue to benefit the widest cross section of students possible.
Some of the things that we do include:
- Assisting at various College events and with fundraising
- Hosting new parents Morning Tea
- Organising the Annual Presentation Ball for Year 11 students of the College (Run annually since 1975)
- Social Evenings – at intervals (Such as Graduates’ Restaurant Nights, Trivia Nights)
All parents and friends of the St John’s Community are welcome to join us:
- To make new friends
- To learn what is happening in the College.
- To enjoy social functions.
- To share ideas and talents.
- To become involved in the College Community.
2022 Meeting Dates – 6.30pm
- 8 February (via Zoom)
- 10 May
- 9 August
- 12 October